Monday, 20 June 2016

Daily Face | How much is my face worth?


I'm starting to realise that I wear the same products over and over and rarely mention them on the blog. I do share more on my instagram but not so much on here. So I've decided to talk through the products that I use daily (or when I can be bothered to put make up on to make myself look presentable!) talk briefly through them and add the cost of them at the end. I have a feeling it's going to be extremely pricey! I really have a high end make up addiction. Woops! I'll try to list the products in the order I would apply them.

BASE | Rimmel Fix & Protect Primer [£6.99]: I have tons of primers to get through but I actually picked this up when I went away and realised I forgot to pack a primer and a SPF. It's a white thick texture which takes quite a while to work into the skin - I'm guessing that's the SPF's doing though! I do like it and it does do a okay job however, I don't think I'll be repurchasing it when I finish as I have other primers I prefer more. 

BASE | Clinique CC Moisture Surge [£28.00]: I picked this up a while ago and I'm finally getting to the end of the product! It has lasted absolute ages. I've noticed it is very cool toned and I'm warm toned so I find myself relying on my blusher and bronzer to make my face look less grey. However, it is very moisturising and incredibly light on the skin! It also contains SPF 35 - a really good product for this time of year! I have started using this in combination with the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue and it looks so much better so I think I will be sad when I finish it. 

BASE: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer [£22.00]: I seem to have a very awkward skin tone. Drug store products seem to be either too light or too dark - no inbetween. I could buy two products and mix but I find that such a waste of money. So after a lot of searching for a product that will suit my skin tone I came across this. This is hands down my favourite concealer I've tried so far. It blends in so easily, doesn't crease and just helps cover up all those pesky breakouts and imperfections. It is pricey but it lasts absolute ages! If you struggle with finding a concealer that matches do go to a counter and see if this works! I wouldn't be without it now! 

BASE: Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer [£5.99]: I use this concealer under my eyes and any area that I want to brighten up. It's such a lightweight, easily blendable and comfortable concealer. It never creases and just sits so well with other products. I really wish there was darker shades to use for actual concealing but I'm happy with it as a under eye concealer product right now. If you haven't tried it to I really recommend you to do so! It's such a good product. 

BASE | Benefit Fine One One [£23.50]: This shouldn't come as a surprise if you read my blog regularly or follow my instagram. I absolutely adore this product, it gives such a gorgeous glow and flush of colour on the cheeks. It's easily built up for a more bold look as well. I did do a review which you can find here if you want to read more. 

BASE | Benefit Hoola Bronzer [£23.50]: This is actually rather light on my skin but I love the little bit of colour it gives. Especially as the CC cream is so cool toned it makes my face look a lot warmer. If you're paler than me I'm sure you will love this product, I don't think I've come across anyone who has tried this that didn't like it. There's tons of reviews in the blogsphere so I won't talk too much about it! 

BASE | Rimmel Clear Complexion Powder [£3.99]: I always get a oily t zone so powdering is an absolute must for me! All Rimmel powders have been amazing for me - I do go for the translucent shade as it's just easier to blend in with my make up. It's very fine and doesn't leave the make up looking fake or heavy. It's a really good affordable powder which does the job well! 

EYES | Benefit Gimme Brow [£18:50]: I get my eyebrows threaded quite regularly so I don't like adding too much product onto my brows, just something to keep it in place and stop it going a bit crazy. This product does the job well - it adds a tiny bit of colour whilst providing a good hold for the hairs. The brush is also small enough to get to those annoying eyebrow hairs that can be hard to get to! They are soon releasing new packaging and new shades so I'm hoping the formula will still be the same but if not I might have to find an alternative!

EYES | Bourjois Color Band Eyeshadow/Liner Stick in 02 Brun Dadaiste [£5.99]: I don't like putting much on my eyes in the day time and I find that this product adds a little colour and shine to the lids! This shade is such a beautiful brown which I think would suit most skin tones. It lasts absolute ages and blends a dream! I'm usually switching it up on my eyes but this stays put in my make up bag. 

EYES | Benefit Roller Lash Mascara [£19.50]: I'm yet to find a mascara that I absolutely adore and can't do without. However, this is a very good one. It lengthens and adds a bit of volume which is perfect for the day time. I love the wand on this as it just catches all the lashes! It lasts all day and has been what I have been using since it was released. 

LIPS | Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Hollywood Honey [£16.00]: I can't believe I've only started wearing lip liners in the last year. I'm absolutely obsessed with them now and can't imagine wearing lipstick without a liner. This is by far my favourite one. The formula glides on and doesn't drag on the lips. It sits comfortably and lasts ages. This is a gorgeous dark nude on me and seems to go with most lipsticks I wear (not bold ones!). Charlotte Tilbury can do no wrong in my eyes! 

LIPS | Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita 2 [$20.00]: I got a set of both Lolita shades last Christmas and have been obsessed with Lolita 2. It's described as a terra cotta nude and is just this gorgeous pinky brown shade on me. I love it and use it as a base if I want to wear a nude or pink lipstick. Lasts ages and wears evenly so you don't have any awkward lines on your lips! I wish it was more readily available in the United Kingdom! 

LIPS | MAC Mehr or Whirl [£15.50]: MAC lipsticks are one of my favourite formulas for matte lipsticks. They apply so well and last ages. I have been reaching for Mehr a lot recently which is a gorgeous pink which I have not put down since I purchased it. I think it's the fastest I've ever gone through a lipstick so far, there's not much left! However, if I want a bit more of a brown toned nude I go for Whirl. They're both gorgeous shades and I recommend you trying them at a counter if you can. 

SET | L'Oreal Infallible Fixing Mist Setting Spray [£7.99]: Finally to finish the whole look I spray this setting spray. I really disliked this product when I first started using it and realised there was loads of white particles that was showing on my skin. However, I found the trick is to shake it for about 30 seconds and apply straight away and no white particles! It gives a very matte finish so definitely not for any with dry skin as it may cling onto patches on the skin! However, if you have oily skin like me this will be your best friend. It really does lasts ages and I use it more than my Urban Decay setting spray. 

I've just realised that most those products are high end! I tend to switch it up every now and then so will do a daily face post sometime soon too, probably near autumn! I'm also realising how much Benefit products I use haha, that I blame to my friend who used to work at Benefit. So all these products add up to £211.52. Crazy when I look at it that way! I really do have a high end make up brands addiction, ah well! What products do you use daily? 

Hana ♥
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I still haven't dared to add my daily face up!
    I really want to try Benefit's Fine One One, it looks stunning ♥

    Jess xo | The Indigo Hours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's painful to find out! It's just gone up too as I've started using some more expensive products. Ah well! It's gorgeous - so perfect for the summer! Thanks for reading :)

      Hana ♥

      Delete

© HanaRosella. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig