Wednesday, 9 March 2016

Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Mascara vs Roller Lash Mascara


Benefit Cosmetics is probably the first high end beauty brand I tried so I am a sucker for some of their products as there's nostalgic value. I used to use They're Real all the time when I was younger then I stopped and then when Roller Lash I went crazy. Now I have both and have been using both for so long I though I could give you my thoughts on both mascaras and which would I would recommend.

Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Mascara £19:50: Now you might notice the lovely crystals on mine. It was a limited edition I'm afraid so don't think you can get this anymore. This is a love/hate mascara I believe. It's one of Benefits best selling products and it can be amazing for those who like the specific type of lashes they create. It claims to lengthen, curl, volumize, lift and seperates. So the works really! It definitely adds a ridiculous amount of volume and it does lengthen it. I love using this when I need huge powerful lashes as they definitely make a statement. HOWEVER, it does give that clumpy look with the lashes. Something I'm really not a fan of. Personally it really isn't for me but that's just personal preference. I have really tried to get back into liking it but it's not working. There was a point when I was younger I loved that spidery clumpy lashes so I have loved it previously, just not anymore. But a lot of my friends absolutely swear by this mascara. If you haven't tried it all I can recommend is get yourself down to your local Benefit counter and ask them to apply it and also for you to apply it yourself so you have an idea if it would work for you.

Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling Mascara £19:50: Now this was released about this time last year and they had free samples in Elle UK magazine which I thought was amazing. I picked up two and it was an amazing way to test it before deciding whether it was right for me.As you can see from the wand it's very different to the they're real wand. It's more curved and has smaller bristles. Benefit says it has a unique hock and roll brush which plans to separate, lift and curl. The formula contains provitamin B5 and serin which has lash conditioning benefits. I absolutely love this mascara and it's replaced previous favourites I've had. It lengthens my lashes so much whilst separating them so they don't look clumpy. No spidery lashes! You can build it up for a more dramatic look. If I'm after a more evening look I combine it with Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara and they work a dream together. As for giving a curl I tried it without eyelash curlers and it added a bit of curl but nothing dramatic. I have to curl my lashes before as mine are very straight lashes. If you're after length and separation without clumps this one is for you! Very good for day to day make up without too much drama.

So overall as you can tell I prefer the Roller Lash mascara but they are both good mascaras. It just depends what kind of look you are after! I'm going to continue trying They're Real and hopefully I will fall in love with it again. Have you tried these? Which one do you prefer?

Hana ♥
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Lovely post Hun and great pictures. Personally I'm a big fan of the They're Real mascara. I do love the Roller Lash too but I find i need 3 coats or so to get the right effect. Everyone has different preferences though don't they haha. Love the blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing wrong with that! Exactly we're all different :) thanks for reading!

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  2. Benefit's real mascara is one of my favourite :)

    http://petalsofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good mascara! Thanks for reading :)

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  3. I completely agree, Roller Lash is just incredible! I find They're Real painful and spiky, but Roller Lash really is perfect xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad someone agrees! I know a lot of people prefer They're Real but Roller lash is perfect for me too :) thanks for reading!

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried the roller lash mascara, but like you I really didn't get the hype with 'they're real' I do think mascaras are definitely a personal preference though..
    xo
    www.judyrudybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Everyone is after different things so it's whatever suits :) I'd give it a try at a counter if you can - I really love roller lash! Thanks for reading!

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  5. I have hear a lot about benefit mscaras. I need to get my hands on the They're Real one

    Revertlife15.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good! I really hope you get on with it if you get it. Thanks for reading :)

      Hana ♥

      Delete

© HanaRosella. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig