Wednesday, 17 February 2016

Most Used Make Up Brushes including some favourites


I don't wear make up all the time but when I do I tend to use the same brushes all the time and some of these are my absolute favourites. I went through a phase a while ago of buying so many brushes and I only seem to use a few now. Silly I know. Zoeva is probably my favourite brush brand (hence most of them being Zoeva!) I do also love Real Techniques. I am a creature of habit so I rarely mix it up but for those looking for some new brushes hopefully you might the look of some of these. There are brushes like blush brushes that are not in here but that's because I am yet to find one I absolutely adore. I just know the ones I have here I don't think I could do my make up without! (Also, I know they're not clean brushes. Sorry not sorry - I live in England which means sunshine is a rarity at the moment so I had to jump at the opportunity to take these photos! I don't have lights but I prefer natural lighting anyway!)

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge £5.99: I only got into make up sponges late last year, before that I either used my hands or a brush. I finally caved into purchasing a beauty blender and used it for ages without damping it first. What was I doing?! After finally testing it damp I was amazed how much more natural my make up was. I actually picked up this RT one when I was away and forgot to pack my beauty blender and I have to admit I love this much more than the beauty blender. Because there is a flat piece and it's a different shape it's so easy to use. I use it for foundation and concealer and honestly do not know what I would do without it! Also, do use it damp! It changes everything - trust me. But do save your money and get this one instead of the actual beauty blender, it's much better. 

Real Techniques Detailer Brush £21:99 as part of Core Collection Set: Now I believe this brush is suppose to be for awkward to get areas for concealer. However, I do not use it for that at all! I actually really dislike all lip brushes I've tried. None of them seem to have precision or they go funny after using them a few times. So by accident I used this to apply lipstick and I love it. It's so easy to wash and it doesn't create any awkward lines. If you were not using it for lipstick though you could use it for the inner corners of your eyes to add highlight - I've used it for that too! So a good multitasker, obviously wash the brushes in between or it could look very weird! 

Zoeva 234 Luxe Smoky Shader Brush £6.95: This specific one is from the Rose Golden Volume 2. Luxury Brush Set however you can get it in black individually. I use this one to apply shadow directly onto the lids - it works so well. I just coat the brush in what shadow I want to use and sort of pat it onto the eyes gently. Then use a different brush to blend. This brush is so soft and the perfect size to apply shadow but not have it go everywhere. It's a great starter brush and I wish I found it sooner as I don't know what I would do without it now. 

Sephora Classic Crease Shadow Brush #73 £11.67: Quite possibly one of my favourite brushes ever. Bold statement I know. But I can apply any shadow to my eyes and this little beauty will blend it out well. It's incredibly soft and washes so well! I just wish it was easier to get hold of in the UK. If you want a crease brush or need something to just blend your shadows get this in your life! You will not regret it!

Zoeva 227 Soft Luxe Definer Brush £6.05: As my sephora crease brush is either being used or out of reach I have this one as back up. It did come as part of the Rose Golden set but you can get it individually from the website directly. This brush blends really well and is so soft to use. I do prefer the Sephora one but this one is a really good back up to have! If you can't get hold of the Sephora one do purchase this one! 

Real Techniques Contour Brush £21:99 from the core collection: This is from the same set that was mentioned earlier (another reason to purchase it!) I adore this brush! I've tried other contour brushes but none beat this one. It just is the perfect shape to contour or to apply bronzer. I use it with Benefits Hoola and it works a dream! Just buy the set - do it! 

Zoeva 102 Silk Finish Brush £11.50: I was using this brush before I discovered the sponges for foundation. I still use this a lot, especially when I need heavier coverage foundation. I build it up and blend with this and then go over with the beauty blender. If you really are not a fan of sponges or can't get them to work for you or just prefer a make up brush you will probably love this. It blends a dream and leaves a very natural finish. Only thing I will say is wash this often as one of mine died due to too much product on the brush. Lesson learnt! 

Zoeva 106 Powder Brush £11:50: This again is probably one of my all time favourite brushes. I find so many powder brushes harsh or they wash badly which is such a shame. Whereas this one has maintained it's softness even though I've washed it numerous times. It's a really good size - it's not too big or wide but big enough to easily powder. If I don't have any other brushes apart from this, the RT sponge and sephora crease brush I will be a very happy girl. If you haven't found a powder brush you love yet do try this! Also if you have a petite/small face you may like it as it isn't as big as most other powder brushes. 

So there we go these are the most used brushes in my collection. Like I said if I had to pick my favourites it would be the real techniques complexion sponge, sephora crease brush and zoeva powder brush. What are your favourite or most used brushes?

Hana ♥
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Great post! I've literally just bought the RT sponge and am yet to try it. How wet do you advise? Like you, I tend to stick with the same few brushes, however I'd love to try out some of your faves XO

    STCY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you like it! I use it almost dry but obviously wetting it makes it expand in size. I hope you get on with it well!

      Thanks for reading :)
      Hana ♥

      Delete
  2. I've never tried any Zoeva brush, but I love Real Techniques and all of my Sephora ones! ;) xx
    Gyudy @ Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you need to! They are my favourite brand for make up brushes! Such amazing quality :)

      thanks for reading!
      Hana ♥

      Delete
  3. I have a couple of zoeva brushes and love them :) I love my beauty blender and have the micro ones too they are incredible for concealer xxx

    Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing! I have the micro ones haven't tried them yet but glad to hear you like them! Thanks for reading :)

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  4. Love the Real Techniques Complexion sponge! I really want to try some of the Zoeva brushes, the silk finish brush looks especially amazing! :)

    Millie x | Millie’s Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! Prefer it to the beauty blender! You definitely should try Zoeva :) I haven't found any that have topped them yet! Thanks for reading :)

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  5. I have that Real Techniques sponge as well and I love it! I didn't know to dampen it at first either haha it makes a crazy difference!

    www.saltandchic.com // UK Fashion & Travel Blog

    You could win a House of Fraser voucher in my giveaway! Enter here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha don't worry neither did I! Took me ages to figure out that it' better when it's damp! Thanks for reading :)

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  6. I've been after a decent lip brush but no one seems to talk about lip brushes very often, I have the same detailer brush from RT so thanks for the tip I shall definitely try it out as a lip brush! All the Zoeva brushes look stunning! When I need some new brushes I know what brand I'll be getting now :D

    Kirsty x

    missapplecrumbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you like it as a lip brush! I just hate the texture of normal lip brushes - definitely prefer the detailer it's so easy to get into the awkward parts of the lips! I hope you like Zoeva if you try them! :) Thanks for reading!

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  7. RT brushes are best!

    http://petalsofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! :) I love them. Thanks for reading!

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  8. Lots of people seem to love the RT complexion sponge, I tried a sponge before like you I didn't know you were supposed to use it damp! I definitely need to buy more makeup brushes the RT core collection will always be a classic but definitely ready to upgrade my brushes :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly prefer the RT one - it's so much better, I think it's because it has a flat bit which is amazing for concealer on blemishes! You don't have to but it does work a lot better damp :) I want some more from RT too but I'm holding off as Zoeva just released some new ones! Thanks for reading :)

      Hana ♥

      Delete

© HanaRosella. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig